⇐ Please click on any image to view its associated gallery and click on right hand arrow ⇒
Originally an 18th century Cotswolds cottage, York House bed and breakfast has been built onto sympathetically over the decades and now has 6 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
Exquisitely decorated with family paintings, a book lined hall, antiques, porcelain treasures and open fireplaces it offers one
of the most luxurious and quintessentially English country homes in which to stay.
The house stands in secluded grounds of 10 acres which includes a large lake with all its bird life and rough fishing.
In addition it offers complete privacy with heavy screening, electric gates and a guard dog. It is never left unattended, and is fully
staffed with cook, butler, maid and gardener. There is more rough fishing, tennis and golf within a mile as well as endless beautiful walks.
There is also a riding centre nearby.
Your hostess Ewa (pronounced EVER) is warm, friendly and open with a great sense of humour.
Food is all fresh and locally sourced.
A typical breakfast would be:
- Home made muesli, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt and local borage Honey
- Full English breakfast with pork and leek sausages from the Local butcher
- Toast and home made jams and marmalade
- Teas, brewed coffee, cocoa
- Anything else you ask for except kippers.
What to come for
- Some of the best gastro pubs in England including the famous Plough at Kingham - just 2 miles away - and The Swan at
Southrop as well as Daylesford and its sister The Tollgate at Kingham.
- Bicester Village is legendary for bargains but there are also many antique markets in the area as well as fabulous antique Shops.
- From £100-140
- 2 doubles - ensuite
- 1 double shared bath
- 1 twin single bedded with shower room on ground floor
- Unfortunately no children under 12 or pets
- Check-in 3.30pm or after
- Check out 11am
⇐ Please click on any image to view its associated gallery ⇒